*Please ignore Snoopy's apprent dispair at the removal of the towel.
It's amazing how accustomed I had grown to having a raggy dirty old towel in my floor. For a month or so now we've had towels shoved against the base of our exterior doors in hopes of keeping some of the cold air out.
This morning E and I got to work on some draft stoppers. I cut them out and sewed them and then E and I stuffed them together. (I stuffed, she played games with the stuffing, BUT she attempted to help. <3 ) It's actually a really simple project, cut a piece of fabric the width of the doorway (plus an inch for seams) by about 6 1/2 inches. Sew right sides together, leaving a short side open then turn and stuff away. The turning and stuffing is by far the hardest part. Once stuffed turn the ends inward and sew closed. You could topstitch the other end if the mis-matched ends bothered you. For now mine are just filled with poly-fil but I'm considering throwing a little rice in there for weight. I'm more concerned with having enough rice for our planned meals so I'm in no hurry to try this out.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Posted by Jasmine at 10:08 AM